Queen Latifah's Son: Everything She's Said About Parenting

Queen Latifah's Son: Everything She's Said About Parenting

Queen Latifah
Queen Latifah has kept her young son out of the spotlight


Queen Latifah attends Variety's 2022 Power Of Women on May 05, 2022 in New York City. . PHOTO: 

DIA DIPASUPIL/GETTY

Queen Latifah's Son - Before the Grammy Grant winning craftsman inviting her most memorable kid, she had proactively ventured into a guardian job, dealing with her mother, Rita Owens, after she was determined to have a heart condition in 2005.

 

"As a guardian — it's very much like being a parent, similar to certain things truly don't make any difference," Latifah, conceived Dana Owens, told Individuals preceding her mother's demise in 2018. "Every one of the sort of negligible things kind of tumble to the side since there's something way more significant than all that. Furthermore, when we go through these things all together, I understand, these are the significant things, these are the significant minutes."

 

While Latifah is very confidential about her own life, telling The New York Times in 2008, "You don't get that piece of me," she wants to begin a family.

 

"I believe I'm prepared. I can't get out whatever God has for me, yet you will see. You'll see while I'm dragging the child on the hip that there is really a youngin' around here," she told E! Online in 2016.

 

Peruse on to learn everything Sovereign Latifah has said about her way to life as a parent.

 

His birth came shortly after tragedy struck Latifah


Queen Latifah and her mother Rita Owens attends the VH1's "Dear Mama" taping at St. Bartholomew's Church on May 2, 2016 in New York City. 

JIM SPELLMAN/WIREIMAGE

Sovereign Latifah and her mom Rita Owens goes to the VH1's "Beloved Mother" taping at St. Bartholomew's Congregation on May 2, 2016 in New York City.

Sovereign Latifah and her mom Rita Owens goes to the VH1's "Cherished Mother" taping at St. Bartholomew's Congregation on May 2, 2016 in New York City. JIM SPELLMAN/WIREIMAGE

While Latifah yearned to become a mother, her new job came not long after she encountered the disastrous loss of her mother following a long battle with the immune system infection scleroderma.

 

"Anybody that has at any point met her understands what a splendid light she was on this planet. She was delicate, however solid, sweet, yet cheeky, worldy yet commonsense, a lady of extraordinary confidence and unquestionably my first love," she partook in a proclamation.

 

"She was dependably a support," she shared about her late mother on Individuals Consistently web recording in 2021. "She put stock in us as young people," which Latifah credits with making "a major distinction."

 

He is Latifah’s first child

Latifah turned into a first-time mother when she invited her child into the world. While his introduction to the world denoted a deep rooted dream for the Young ladies Excursion entertainer, she shared she might want to give him kin.

 

"I've generally imagined myself with a major family, I'm a slowpoke. I'm a slowpoke with a ton of things and you know — everyone makes mistakes sometimes. I'm an overachiever here and there and very much like ridiculously slow in alternate ways. I assume I sort of expected to develop and develop and figure everything sort of out with everything before I had the option to truly manage it," she recently told Individuals Now.

 

Latifah is “a natural” at being a mom


Queen Latifah attends the Los Angeles Premiere Of Netflix's "End Of The Road" on September 06, 2022 in Hollywood, California. 

MOMODU MANSARAY/GETTY


The entertainer had a lot of nurturing practice prior to becoming a mother. The rapper uncovered that she assisted two ladies with children overcome air terminal security while traveling to New York in 2017.

 

"I met the loveliest woman who had like 3 children with her, one a child. She was attempting to take care of business, we were simply having a courteous discussion and I said, 'You really want me to hold that child?' She was like, 'Would you see any problems?' and I'm like, 'Give me the child,' " she reviewed. "So I hold that child while she packed it all up with the three children and stuff and her significant other came through and afterward he took the child."

 

She proceeded, "Then, at that point, one more woman came through with two different children, spouse and a canine and she's attempting to get her boots on. I said, 'You really want me to hold that child?' She was like, 'Would you see any problems?' I said, 'Give me that child.' I mean I believe I'm a characteristic at this thing."

 

He leads a childhood out of the spotlight

Latifah, who is famously private, furnishes her child with a calm life out of the spotlight. Her child unveiled his most memorable appearance when he was roughly 4 years of age when he went to a Harlem Voyagers b-ball game at Barclays Center in Brooklyn with her.

 

The little child sat courtside close to his mother, who wore a cream tracksuit, baseball cap and grin to take the major event in. Latifah was even seen embracing one of the players and presenting close by him for an image during the display.

Latifah gave him a shout-out when accepting her BET Lifetime Achievement Award

Queen Latifah accepts the Lifetime Achievement BET Award onstage at the BET Awards 2021 on June 27, 2021 in Los Angeles, California.
Queen Latifah accepts the Lifetime Achievement BET Award onstage at the BET Awards 2021 on June 27, 2021 in Los Angeles, California. 

JOHNNY NUNEZ/GETTY

It was a momentous occasion when Latifah received the BET Lifetime Achievement Award in 2021. Not only was she being recognized for her talent and decades of hard work, but she also used the platform to honor her son by giving him a sweet shout-out.

While closing out her remarks, she alluded to the fact that she had welcomed a child. "Eboni, my love. Rebel, my love," she said, adding, “Happy Pride.”

Latifah had previously shared that she would keep any pending baby news private.

"I will probably be six months pregnant before anyone knows about it and I won’t talk about the baby until after it’s born," she told SF Gate in 2008.

Her acceptance speech marked the first time the actress publicly mentioned her son since becoming a mom.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.